[aerogear-dev] Beyond SimplePush's simplicity

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 07:58:51 EDT 2014

Hey guys,

I'm working on a demo of UPS pushing to iOS, Android, Windows, as well as
Firefox OS using our Cordova plugin.

But as you know, with FFOS it is not that simple - since SimplePush
protocol allows to transfer just incremental versions, we are not able to
deliver any interesting message.

UnifiedPush Server could be a correct place where we unify and shield our
users from this limitation:

my idea is storing the message on UPS under the SimplePush endpoint URL.
Once the message with version reaches the client, he would contact UPS to
retrieve this message under a key ( pushEndpoint, version ).

The messages could have default built-in TTL to allow periodic cleanup.

What do you think?

Cheers,

~ Lukas