[aerogear-dev] General Android Updates

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Oct 20 08:52:34 EDT 2014

Last week was a big week.

* Merged last PR from out "Alpha" list
* Android L released
* Maven Android Plugin 4.0-rc.1 migration begun
  * Deprecates apklib
  * Introduces new project layout
* Travis builds on  multiple JDKs now.

We continued work on sync and started work on Shoot and Share.  This led
to the discovery of some issues with the module system and Gradle. The
aar builds produced by our current build system don't handle
dependencies correctly. This problem doesn't seem to exist in the
4.0-rc.1 plugin.  Also the 4.0 project structure is compatible with the
Gradle project structure which *SHOULD* make interacting with Android
Studio better.

This week we are tackling several big issues/tasks at once.

* Updating all of the Travis builds to use multi-JDK
* Updating all of the projects to MAP 4.0-rc.1
* Updating all of the projects to API level 21.

--
Summers Pittman