[aerogear-dev] Beyond SimplePush's simplicity

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 10:06:26 EDT 2014

I understand the implications,

but are you worried about storing messages per se or rather fact that UPS
would need to store anything?

Storing messages is required part in case of SimplePush deployment - all
other networks can be approached as fire&forget.

While up to the point you start to use SImplePush you are free of managing
custom storage and exposing your storage endpoint to the client, at that
point you simply have to -> ouch, that hurts.

---

In case this does not get into UPS, I would suggest at least having
interceptor on UPS side that would enable extension developers to plug such
a storage (we are limited by a fact that Push Sender does not know an
endpoint URL, actually it does not have any connection to Sender at all, so
there are limited options to connect those two).

Or maybe he can even do that today with JAX-RS interceptors? :-)