[aerogear-dev] notification alert and app launched displays the alert

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 06:48:17 EDT 2014

Hi !
Thanks for trying out the UnifiedPush  Server.
See my answers inline

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 5:34 AM, chansdad <rajnukala at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello
>
> I am testing aerogear for a project of mine . Able to send alerts .
>
> Here are couple of questions
> 1. Can I send alerts based on a deviceId?

No, but you can send alerts based on an "alias". You can pass an "alias"
when you registers your device.

> 2. alerts is visible in the notifications panel in android . when i select
> the alert , it takes me to the app . and when the app is active displays
> the
> alert dialog on top of the app . can i disable this? when the app is not
> active , alert is not displayed on the app screen.
> 3. Can i customize the alert as it displays on the screen.
> 4. Does aerogear support rich media notifications to be displayed on
> homescreen. If not is there a plan to add this feature?

I will let our Android experts answer these questions :)

> Thanks and to be honest , aerogear makes it super simple to send out
> notifications .I still need to figure out if i can  send messages by
> deviceId as that is my key requirement.

Thx, and regarding deviceId, does the trick with "alias" fix your
requirement ?