[aerogear-dev] SSLv3: UnifiedPush and Apple Push Notification service

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Oct 23 04:48:58 EDT 2014

Hi,

here is a push related announcement from Apple, regarding SSLv3 on APNs:
https://developer.apple.com/news/?id=10222014a

As said, it's already active on their "sandbox"/"development" servers.

And yes I am able to send messages to Apple (just tested now against an app
that is DEVELOPMENT only)

However, I had to reboot my server, last Friday, when I was sending a push
to a development application, since I got a

javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:
sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificate found

This was nicely present to me in the dashboard of the server :)

Greetings,
Matthias