[aerogear-dev] oath2 cordova plugin

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Oct 28 04:50:31 EDT 2014

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 9:39 AM, Corinne Krych <corinnekrych at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2014, at 09:26, Erik Jan de Wit <edewit at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was working on a Oath2 plugin for cordova with the latest swift bits,
> but using swift for a cordova plugin is not very user friendly. The
> generated project that gets downloaded when you do a `cordova platform add
> ios` has to be change by opening Xcode.
> >
> > Things that need to be changed by hand are the following:
> >       * iOS Deployment target needs to be set to something higher then
> the 6.0 it’s now at
>
> would it help if we label which version  works with 6.0, which one with
> 6.1?
>
> >       * Bridging-Header.h to Objective-c Bridging Header under the Swift
> Compiler - Code Generation options
> >               e.g
> (HelloCordova/Plugins/org.jboss.aerogear.cordova.oauth2/Bridging-Header.h)
> >       * the following to LD_RUNPATH_SEARCH_PATHS to "$(inherited)
> @executable_path/Frameworks”
> >
> > That is just a little to much for a user to do, and I see no way to hook
> this into the cordova project / plugin configuration. The cordova team are
> planning to change the way the project is created and how settings are
> maintained in version 4.0 I’ve created two PR that help that effort, but
> these have not been merged yet.

great way of interacting w/ the Apache Cordova folks! Glad seeing our team
is submitting PRs to the core ios project :)

> I’m following this PR:
> https://github.com/apache/cordova-ios/pull/104
> what is the other one?
>

> > So I propose that we don’t release the plugin, but wait on cordova to
> update so that manual steps will no longer be needed, or we add a big
> Notice on how to install use this plugin.
> >
> > WDYT?
>
> what about doing an early adopter release of the plugin with its demo and
> blog post explaining the current difficulties (which require manual steps)
> and talk about what’s next in cordova-ios: workspace instead of just
> project…

+1 I like the idea

Especially since our Cordova OAuth2 plugin is not just about iOS. It's
about Android as well.

I am in line w/ Corinne: mark the iOS side of the OAuth2 plugin as
'experiemental, and release note (or blog) the odd parts. I'd prefer a blog
post on Aerogear.org, instead of a private one

> I can hel with testing and blog post.

+1 count me in!