[aerogear-dev] SDKs for LiveOak

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Oct 28 16:42:33 EDT 2014

Hi Ken,

a while ago, I wrote a little prototype for an iOS SDK for LiveOak:

https://github.com/matzew/LOKIT

NOTE: Uses an old/outdated iOS library. For iOS you want our 2.x series,
with swift </note>

But to give an example:

That poc was (in the past) running against the chat example:
https://github.com/matzew/LOKIT/blob/master/LOKitTests/LiveOakTest.m

Internally (similar to your web-based demo at that time), it used:
- AeroGear-iOS for http communication
- Stomp-Kit for the Stomp connection

All behind one thin API (was matching the JS client at that time).

I think that's the direction you are interested in, right?

If yes, we can talk about more concrete ideas ;)

-Matthias

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM, Ken Finnigan <ken at kenfinnigan.me
<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','ken at kenfinnigan.me');>> wrote:

> All,
>
> For the next release we're looking to create some SDKs for iOS, Android,
> JavaScript and a Cordova plugin for use with LiveOak.
>
> Our preference is to build on top of what Aerogear has already developed,
> or even simply use the AeroGear SDK's with a different set of connection
> options??
>
> As the AeroGear team are well versed in various issues of developing SDKs,
> I was hoping to get some advice as to the best way for us to develop ours
> such that they're only a very thin layer on top of AeroGear's SDKs.
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Ken

Sent from Gmail Mobile