[aerogear-dev] Logging on UPS

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Oct 29 02:50:07 EDT 2014

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 4:47 AM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org> wrote:

> Good morning,
>
> In the past we had
> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/pull/149. Any
> specific reason for not having JBoss Logging or Log4j on UPS?

yeah, there were some arguments against adding another dependency (since
JUL is part of the Java platform).
Also, as Burr said (see [1]) "we use it, we own it". That means, at some
point, we might be less or more the owner (e.g. regarding bugs inside of
JBoss logging),
also there cases when the runtime has a different version of JBoss logging
versus the one in UPS.

All these seamed not to be worth to go that route, in April this year

> With the amount of traffic on UPS, it tends to become more complex to
> handle
> log messages/files.
>
> Thoughts?

Sure, we can revisit this for the future 1.1.x line of the UnifiedPush
Server!

-Matthias

[1] http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2014-April/007289.html