[aerogear-dev] [off-topic] Change your IRC passwords

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Sat Sep 13 11:07:59 EDT 2014

Aloha, freenode was compromised. Change your IRC passwords, please.

"Earlier today the freenode infra team noticed an anomaly on a single
IRC server. We have since identified that this was indicative of the
server being compromised by an unknown third party. We immediately
started an investigation to map the extent of the problem and located
similar issues with several other machines and have taken those offline.
For now, we recommend that everyone change their NickServ password as a
precaution.
We’ll issue more updates as WALLOPS and via social media!"

Source: http://blog.freenode.net/2014/09/server-issues-2/

--

abstractj
PGP: 0x84DC9914