[aerogear-dev] UPS as WildFly Subsystem (was: UPS using JMS)

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 03:49:55 EDT 2015

I reached out to Stian in order to fully understand the "Why" behind
Keycloak offering a subsystem, and he identified two benefits:

* smaller appliance downloads
* easier to patch modules than monolithic WAR

Can you see anything else?

The question is how much relevant are these benefits for us, since we
depend much more on Java EE (especially with JMS coming).

In case of UPS, we can definitely strip some download Megabytes for
(potential) appliance distribution (good for microservices oriented
architectures),

while still providing installation of subsystem to existing Wildfly EE
instances. We can continue shipping WAR just for sake of backwards
compatibility in case it will appear to be effortless.

However I agree that UPS as WF subsystem is a direction worth to explore!

~ Lukas

út 7. 4. 2015 v 9:18 odesílatel Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>