[aerogear-dev] inactive apns device id notifications in aerogear UPS

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 11:38:10 EDT 2015

On Mon, Apr 13, 2015 at 5:26 PM, scottyedinb <
scott.cumming at digitalbarriers.com> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply...
>
> So supposing I've previously registered an iOS device using the
> "rest/registry/device" api call..

You mean using directly the API not using the AeoGear ios Push library ?
Because the ios lib will automacilly use the new delivered valid token.

> And I'm pushing to that device from my
> application (via aerogear of course).. but the associated token has been
> found by aerogear to be inactive and removed from the database.. Should I
> expect to receive an exception back in my MessageResponseCallback::OnError
> method?

No we contact the feedback service only when sending Push Notifications and
we don't keep track of invalid tokens.

> One more wee thing: For test purposes, is it possible to register false
> device tokens with aerogear, in order to test the above scenario?

Yes, as long it respects the format , take a look at
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/master/model/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/api/validation/DeviceTokenValidator.java#L35