[aerogear-dev] UPS: initial JMS support landed (on master)

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 07:38:00 EDT 2015

It must be something simple, can't believe it has anything to do with
sequence being created wrong, because that would create duplicate
keys, so the error would be different. DBUnit is not specific to Derby
we can use other databases as well.

Adding a whole lot of code in each test just to setup the database
with data to test is in my opinion is not a nice thing to do, because
it obscures the test.

Let me have another crack at this, I could also try and use mysql as
testdb making the tests even more valuable

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:42 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org> wrote:
> or, instead of java having a .sql script for that test data creation
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 10:31 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
> wrote:
>>
>> Looks like some odd things are going on here, w/ Sequences and Derby.... I
>> have no clue - anyone else?
>>
>> I tried other DBs (e.g. H2 or MySQL), but DBUnit is .... somewhat specific
>> to Derby. Which is not great :-(
>>
>> I move the migration merge to master to beta.1.  I am wondering if we
>> really should do DBUnit w/ tests against Derby... especially since we only
>> really support MySQL/Postgres.
>>
>> I think what we should to is: get rid of DBUnit and use Java to create the
>> test data. Use Docker (once fully supported on Travis) and fire up Postgres
>> and MySQL during the tests.
>>
>> -Matthias
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 7:35 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> as a FYI, the master branch now contains initial JMS support. That also
>>> means we require WF/EAP running as full profile, as stated in the updated
>>> README:
>>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server#getting-started
>>>

>>> For the 1.1.0.Final release there will be a few more JMS based
>>> enhancements, as we go:
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1321
>>>
>>> -Matthias
>>>
>>> --