[aerogear-dev] Push customization with Android background App

Bourillon, Matthias Matthias.Bourillon at saint-gobain.com
Wed Dec 30 10:49:25 EST 2015

Hello,
I have carefully read and applied the procedure to use Aerogear Push in a Cordova / Ionic App (https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-cordova/AerogearCordovaPush/).
Everything is OK except that my onNotification() JS method is not called when my Android App is running in background. The notification is displayed as it arrives and I am not able to apply any logic before it reaches the notification bar.

We are using push to send some instructions to our App which should not always be displayed as-is to end users. Is there a way to customize or apply some logic when an App is in background? Or is this a limitation we have to deal with?

Thanks,
Matthias