[aerogear-dev] JIRA driven roadmaps

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Feb 2 05:45:13 EST 2015

Hi,

on our homepage ([1]) we have some handwritten docs that cover the roadmap
for parts of our components. These roadmaps contain a duplication of
content that is available in JIRA. Since this content is handwritten, it's
often not as up-to-date as it should be. Here are a few examples:

* https://aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGeariOS/
* https://aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGearAndroid/
* https://aerogear.org/docs/planning/roadmaps/AeroGearCordova/

Basically the contain incorrect dates and duplicate the list of effected
JIRAs. But I wonder why we even do have these handwritten docs?

JIRA itself has a roadmap overview, which looks nice and clean:

https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGIOS/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGCORDOVA/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:roadmap-panel

Since we track our issues, versions and releases in JIRA the above roadmaps
comes for free. Now, when we change a release date in JIRA, using the above
links as our roadmaps means we don't need to update the handwritten doc:-)

Any thoughts?

-Matthias

[1] https://aerogear.org/docs/planning/