[aerogear-dev] Fwd: I replaced XMLHttpRequest and image loading with a plugin, and wrote up my experiences

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Feb 18 03:45:04 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:40 AM, Sebastien Blanc <scm.blanc at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 9:34 AM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
> wrote:
>

>> On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 11:06 PM, Sébastien Blanc <scm.blanc at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi !
>>> I just wanted to share that interesting post from the Cordova dev list.
>>> It shows how to delegate XMLHttpRequest and image loading to a native
>>> implementation.
>>>
>>> Would we provide any advantage by using our iOS http lib and android
>>> Pipes over plain XMLHttpRequest ?
>>>

>> Not sure I am really following your thoughts, but isn't that what we are
>> already doing inside e.g. the push plugin? the actual HTTP stack is part of
>> our native libs, instead of XHR
>>
> sure that is what we do for Push, but I was not thinking of Push, was more
> thinking of a "AeroGear http" plugin that people could use for all their
> http calls but again no idea if that brings any advantage over regular XHR.

Ah! ok, that makes more sense - I was just wondering about this :-)

Regarding Android-Pipes, since they over more than just HTTP, I am not sure
if all of that is easy to integrate into the cordova web-view (e.g.
Lifecycle and Activity hooks). But perhaps it's worth - at some point - to
take a look at that. I doubt there is an immediate action needed, but feel
free to track the idea on the AGCORDOVA jira instance