[aerogear-dev] New Site - Status

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 07:52:09 EST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 5:23 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com>
wrote:

>  On 02/19/2015 05:44 AM, Lukáš Fryč wrote:
>
> So First Steps guide can cover what are expectations from the user on
> development environment side. It may just contain brief description of
> prerequisites and few links where people may get more information.
>
> Then adding in a line "We expect you to know the basics of Android
> development with Android Studio", including a link to Google's getting
> started docs and having a section on what to add to the build.gradle files
> with cross links to relevant user guides should be enough? That is the goal
> of the JIRA issue at least right now.

Yep, that's sounds good.

+1 to link to specific guides maybe with brief description what they
contains

>  It can also contain our preferred/opinionated way of Android
> development, being it an IDE of our choice or whatever.
>
> I'm guessing I don't get to call Eclipse a miserable hell dimension from
> which there is no escape one you enter? ;)
>
> Where should the building guide go?  (Will need to make another JIRA for
> that)

TBH It doesn't fit into site, I would put it into Github README / Wiki or
so normally, but there is no Android umbrella repository. What about Gist?

Or we can just make it a document on the site that will be linked just
externally.