[aerogear-dev] New Site - Status

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Feb 20 08:39:05 EST 2015

A few more:

* Modules  -> what are the thoughts around having a TOC ?
* Docs->Road Map --> should that be its own tab on the navigation bar? Not
sure I'd really consider a roadmap as a doc (e.g. howto)

On
* Docs->API Documentation and Specifications

It lists: AeroGearCore Specifications
=> IMO all of these for Android, iOS, Cordova and JavaScript are really API
Docs, and not Specifications.
Same for "AeroGearPush Specifications"

On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 2:08 PM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> * clicking the arrow: nothing happens
>> * scrolling down, I see "Modules", "cross-platform" and "What is
>> happening". Not sure, but isn't that already a lot on the startpage?
>>

> I actually find it useful having it all there - you basically get complete
> overview of "What is AeroGear" on the start page:
> 1. mission: "Bringing mobile and enterprise together."
> 2. modules (features): Core, Security, Push, Sync
> 3. cross-platform nature: <Platform List>
> 4. links to News, Upcoming events, etc (shows project activity)
>
> It's all obvious and not necessary for us, but it is definitely useful for
> newcomers.
>
> When you go to the site repeatedly, you don't actually use start page
> anymore. The only important information for you is the Navigation.
>

>> I think the big "Bringing mobile and enterprise together." is a bit too
>> big, but I am not sure how to make it more useful (in terms of containing
>> actual info). I looks nice, but the arrow is not working, and scrolling
>> down is _not_ obvious
>>
>> ## Modules
>> I wish this info was more visible. is it possible to do the fancy
>> annimation just once, and afterwards have minimized devices/logos, to get
>> an immediate overview of what AeroGear is offering (the modules)?
>>

> +1 I don't mind how it is now, but the true is that it is a bit unusual
> for a project site
>
> @Andres what you have some ideas here? We can hangout if handy...
>

>> ## What's happening
>> Let's make that an extra tab?
>>

> There already is this extra tab - News.
>
> That page automatically shows latest Activity from News,
> and I kinda like it, inspiration from here:
>
> http://arquillian.org/#activity
>

>> More mails will come  ;-)
>>

>> On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Lukáš Fryč <lukas.fryc at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hey guys,
>>>
>>> the new site is in baking for a quite some time, but I believe the
>>> results are already shaping up. The Big Thanks go to Andres off course!
>>>

>>> I must say it is NOT COMPLETE yet, but I believe we can start receiving
>>> issues. Especially kind of "we need complete rework of this section" kind
>>> of issues ;-)
>>>
>>> http://staging-aerogearsite.rhcloud.com/
>>>
>>> Please discuss bigger issues right here,
>>> but file any smaller issues under appropriate place in the New Design
>>> Epic:
>>>
>>> https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AEROGEAR-1546
>>>

>>> Few bigger issues I identified and that I will need a help with:
>>>
>>> 1. filling in Core and Security landing pages
>>> 2. Guides for First Steps are missing for some platforms (they don't
>>> have to be overwhelmingly verbose, but at least we should have some)
>>> 3. connected individual's blog to News page (powered by planet.jboss.org,
>>> more info on IRC)
>>>

>>> Few issues that we still need to tackle - I believe we can cover that
>>> with Andres, but help is always welcomed!
>>>
>>> 1. make News page work javascript-wide (filtering, etc) [me]
>>> 2. document how-to + style guide for drafting/posting new posts on
>>> aerogear.org [me]
>>> 2. style individual Guides
>>> 3. style individual Posts
>>> 4. HTML structure corrections (e.g. wrong use of HTML tags) [Andres]