[aerogear-dev] Aerogear Unifiedpush with oracle DB ... longer parameters problems

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Feb 24 11:29:27 EST 2015

On Tue, Feb 24, 2015 at 5:17 PM, Ivan Gürtler <ivan.gurtler at ahead-itec.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> we use aerogear with oracle ... when AG used parameter with length longer
> than 4000 ... for example in table INSTALLATION and parameter DEVICETOKEN
> ... or in master branch ... table IOSVARIANT and parameter CERT_DATA .. it
> becomes problem because oracle has Varchar2 with max length 4000 and when
> parameter is longer it needs LOB ...
>
> We changed in table INSTALLATION parameter DEVICETOKEN as VARCHAR2(4000)
> ... it is temporary solution .. but in IOSVARIANT parameter CERT_DATA has
> length 100000 and it is too large. In version 1.0.x certificate was LOB and
> it was ok for oracle.
>
> Object with large length as CERT_DATA makes it impossible to support
> oracle. Is it possible to keep database schema the way it would support
> oracle??? Or do you have any idea how to support oracle with current schema?

Ok, on last release (1.0.2) is was a byte array:
*
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/1.0.2/model/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/api/iOSVariant.java#L40
*
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/1.0.2/model/jpa/src/main/resources/META-INF/orm.xml#L66-L68

but yeah, in this branch it's a string:
*
https://github.com/qmx/aerogear-unified-push-server/blob/certificate_data_changes/model/api/src/main/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/api/iOSVariant.java#L43
*
https://github.com/qmx/aerogear-unified-push-server/blob/certificate_data_changes/model/jpa/src/main/resources/META-INF/orm.xml#L76-L78

I think there was a Postgres bug that lead us to that implementation:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1144

But now, since causes some fun on the ORCL side of things ;-(

Greetings