[aerogear-dev] AeroGearHttpStub is gone, long live OHHTTPStubs

Corinne Krych corinnekrych at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 12:33:56 EST 2015

Hello iOS folk,

Early February, I met Olivier (creator of OHHTTPStubs [1]) at dotSwift conference in Paris. We had a nice discussion about mocking libraries using dynamic features like obj-c Swizzling [2].

In Swift, runtime introspecting is very limited (some MirrorType - but really meant for IDE). In fact, to achieve dynamic mocking you have to use Obj-C/Swift bridging. For mocking object like NSURLSession (inheriting from NSObject) using the bridge is just fine. Therefore, keeping the HTTP stub layer an Obj-C lib fits the needs (so far). Further improvement could be done via wrapping.

Following Olivier suggestion to join the effort in maintening OHHTTPStubs librarie [3], we deprecated AeroGearHttpStubs today [4], let’s work together on improving http mocking experience. Stay tune for more PR.

++
Corinne
[1] https://github.com/AliSoftware/OHHTTPStubs
[2] http://corinnekrych.blogspot.fr/2014/07/http-stubs-lets-go-swift-swizzling.html