[aerogear-dev] Cordova Ouath2 plugin using Google Play Services

Brian Leathem bleathem at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 02:13:56 EST 2015

One way to make this work would be to move the Aerogear Oauth2 API
altogether to an intent based one. Users would start an intent to retrieve
an Oauth2 token, which we would deliver to their #onActivityResult method,
regardless of the mechanism we use.

This would also allow us to resolve AGDROID-319 elegantly.
 Hello all,

So I've gotten pretty close in my implementation, but I've got one blocker:

The account selection and Oath2 token request are initiated using an
intent.  The result is then retrieved by implementing the #onActivityResult
method of the initial activity.  The problem I'm facing is the original
activity exists in the user's application.  Nesting activities isn't a
solution, as I still don't have access to the top-level activity.

Implementing this purely as a cordova plugin is trivial, as I can just
@Override the #onActivityResult of the CordovaPlugin class.

Do any Android experts have a recommendation on how I can implement this as
a generic Android library in android-authz?

Alternatively if we implement this directly in the oauth2-codova plugin I
have everything we need already complete.

Brian