[aerogear-dev] POC - Service Workers and Conflict Resolution

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 03:38:02 EST 2015

It is very good idea, and a nice way how to integrate with existing
libraries.

It shields user from one round of conflict resolution handling.

I have created a small diagram to better understand that and it revealed
one more fact:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1vIqYjfukHwb9HVuYAlf9eO5U_Eopgl9EOZyG22wEV2s/edit?usp=sharing

As seen on the diagram, user would still have to Merge on the programmatic
layer, where we could offer a DiffMatchPatch alghoritm,
and/or integration with selected existing libraries (e.g. AngularJS
ResoureProvider or Restangular or similar Ember approach).

I believe we don't have to handle "I work for second and later requests"
problem you mentioned in the blog, since I assume ServiceWorker will react
on the REST calls from the application once it is registered (not sure
that's the case). That's with a question mark. :-)