[aerogear-dev] better windows push notification support

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Wed Jan 7 11:33:56 EST 2015

Hi,

Right now push is supported for windows, but only so called `Toast
Notifications`. I want to add the other message types to the as
described in this gist [1]. Now in the new message format this would
mean to add a couple of fields that are windows specific they should be
ignored by the other push services. So I'm wondering if we should do
that, or if we should put these fields into a sub category called
windows for example:

{
"message":{
"alert":"HELLO!",
"user-data":{
"key":"value"
},
"windows": {
"template" : "cycle",
"title" : "Contoso",
"count" : 10,
"smallBackgroundImage" : "/Assets/Tiles/smallBackgroundImage.jpg",
"cycleImages" :
[
"/Assets/Tiles/cycleImage1.jpg",
"/Assets/Tiles/cycleImage2.jpg",