[aerogear-dev] NPE after migrate to 1.1.0.x series

Bruno Oliveira bruno at abstractj.org
Tue Jan 13 09:42:23 EST 2015

Good morning, after banging my head against the wall I decided to ask for help. We started the
tests with Keycloak 1.1.0.Beta1 and Beta2, although after deploying it we get NPE on UPS.

What I identified was that after the commit 94de88ef3b305ad971f81d8610e98a5297f97cd0 the DefaultKeycloakSession
will raise the NPE at:

 public <T extends Provider> T getProvider(Class<T> clazz) {
        Integer hash = clazz.hashCode();
        T provider = (T) providers.get(hash);
        if (provider == null) {
            ProviderFactory<T> providerFactory = factory.getProviderFactory(clazz);
            if (providerFactory != null) {
                provider = providerFactory.create(this);
                providers.put(hash, provider);
            }
        }
        return provider; //Provider will return null here
    }

Maybe is some misconfiguration at https://github.com/keycloak/keycloak/blob/master/project-integrations/aerogear-ups/auth-server/src/main/resources/META-INF/keycloak-server.json, but after dig into KC sources I couldn't find anything weird.

To reproduce the issues with WildFly 8.2.0.final just go to keycloak/project-integrations and run: mvn -Pwildfly clean install wildfly:deploy.

Thanks in advance.

--

abstractj
PGP: 0x84DC9914