[aerogear-dev] Data-Sync: Versioning in JIRA

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Jan 15 00:21:09 EST 2015

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com>
wrote:

>  On 01/14/2015 12:04 PM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>
>  Hi,
>
>  moving forward with the data-sync, inside of JIRA, I'd need to create
> versions like:
> *sync-1.0.0.alpha.1
> *sync-1.0.0.alpha.2,
> * ...,
> *...beta.1,
> "sync-1.0.0.final"
>
>  Do these versions, across JIRA instances (AGJS, AGDROID, AGOIS and
> AEROGEAR) make sense? Or is there a different preference?
>
> So we would have components in the project with versions separate from the
> release version in the project?

Good point :-)

Actually, let's keep the versions as they are (makes things easier) but we
could use the "sync-1.0.0.alpha.1" etc simply as a label. The benefit would
be the same: you click on a specific label (e.g. sync-1.0.0.alpha.1) and
get a list of all JIRA tickets, labeled with that label, across different
JIRA instances.

So new things for SYNC would be still versioned AGDROID-2.x.y, but just get
a "sync-1.0.0.alpha.1" label.

For the 1.0.0.Final of UPS we used the same process, and it worked very well