[aerogear-dev] UPS console redesign screencast and demo

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:26:54 EST 2015

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 6:12 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
wrote:

> Hin Andres!
>
> Wow! awesome - I love it! Where can I sign? :-)
>

> I watched the excelent video and here are a few coments on the new UI
>

> *Wizzard*
>
> After "Mobile device: Setup variant", when clicking  "Continue", it brings
> us to the "test push" UI.
>
> Note - for that it is mandatory that the previous step was really
> executed: meaning the app needs to be launched on a (test) device -
> otherwise nothing to send the "test push" to :-)
> Perhaps we should bake that SKIP option a bit into the TEXT - so that it
> is obvious

I have discussed that a bit with Andres. What we could do is after the user
has enter the details of the variant (GCM ApiKey / iOS cert), we could send
a dummy message to the vendors network in order to check if these settings
are correct. This would already be a nice check.

Regarding the device itself, indeed, hard to check/test, but what we could
do is check the DB if an installation has been added. (The developer
registers the device and then click next)