[aerogear-dev] UPS unit tests

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jan 21 11:29:38 EST 2015

On 01/21/2015 10:50 AM, Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
> I think the problem that I have with using Arquillian is the time of
> execution for these integration tests. It boots up a container and
> stuff and just makes the test execution take a very long time. We
> spoke about that in the past, and didn't do Aquillian due to that.
I'm learning to alike Arquillian.  Would it be terribly to put the Arq
tests in a profile so they only get run if you pass -Pit or something?
Eventually the tests may get to take long enough its important.

The android-maven-plugin does that so you aren't always firing up
Android VM's.

> Not sure how others feel about it, but I'd prefer we dont boot a
> container inside our tests
>
> On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Erik Jan de Wit <edewit at redhat.com
> <mailto:edewit at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi,
>
>     The database unit tests of the UPS contain a lot of setup code as
>     setting up the database is done within the test method. I’m
>     proposing to remove this ‘noise’ from the test and put it in a
>     separate file. Another thing that is setting up the dao's, when we
>     use arquillian weld container we can use injection in our tests to
>     further reduce the boilerplate, have a look at an example:
>
>     https://github.com/edewit/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/4bb63adce319df25e8e77d505f2844cf80ff5644/model/jpa/src/test/java/org/jboss/aerogear/unifiedpush/jpa/PushApplicationDaoTest.java
>
>     If you like I could do this for all these tests.
>
>     Cheers,
>     Erik Jan

Summers Pittman