[aerogear-dev] Push Registration with multiple Senders (Android)

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Jul 8 14:50:17 EDT 2015

Previously GCM allowed multiple senders to be registered with a single
registrationId.  Now with the new APIs each senderId gets its own
registration token.

I don't think we ever supported this use case with UPS, we never really
documented an example using multiple senders, and  the developer can have a
different registrar for each sender if she needs this feature with the new
(GCM 3.0) APIs.

Because we are already using a major version jump for dropping JDK6, I
propose we change the push registrar to only accept a single senderId
instead of allowing multiple sender Ids.  This more accurately reflects
what the service (GCM) is doing under the hood now anyway.

If someone has an objection let me know and we can discuss it.  Otherwise
I'll continue down this path.

XOXO,

Summers