[aerogear-dev] Push plugin for Cordova

Martin Murphy mmurphy at redhat.com
Mon Jul 13 11:59:56 EDT 2015

Hi folks,
we have a Cordova application that’s using Codrova 3.3.
The application uses org.jboss.aerogear.cordova.push 1.0.2

When preparing for an android build, there seems to be an problem installing one of the dependencies of the aurora plugin
An id has been updated: com.vladstirbu.cordova.promise, now has a different id: es6-promise-plugin.

The newer plugin 2.0.2 is in the npm registry.

Is it possible to add a fix and deploy to the old cordova registry so that it’s usable in 3.x
Is the newer plugin 2.0.2 backward compatible with 1.0.2

I understand that the ideal approach would be to use a more up-to-date version of Cordova, and use the latest aurora plugin, however it will take some time before I will be able to do that.
I’m open to other suggestions also.

Best Regards,
Martin Murphy.