[aerogear-dev] UPS and Docker

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Jul 21 09:25:44 EDT 2015

Hi,

for UPS we have three different images, at:
1) unifiedpush-wildfly
2) unifiedpush-wildfly-dev
3) push-quickstarts-wildfly-dev

The first deploys the latest stable (1.0.2) release on WildFly, using
HTTPS. The second does a checkout of the UPS master repo, and also deploys
it into WildFly, using HTTPS.

The third one deploys our 'complex' CRUD quickstart, which we did for xpaas
launch. I'd like to remove this, because that's a repo which will
eventually go away.

I could keep it, if there is really interest in it - but I prefer to remove
it....

Now, the other two are currently broken, because there are some changes in
the layer above us. The WildFly's parent parent :-) now is Centos7, not
Fedora anymore. This is cool, since Centos is closer to RHEL and also used
on Openshift-Origin.

I have update the two Dockerfiles based on the underlying OS change, and I
added deployment for UPS 1.1.0-beta.2 (our last release). Here is my branch:

https://github.com/matzew/dockerfiles/tree/Centos7

Moving forward, I added support for MySQL using Docker container linking:
https://github.com/matzew/dockerfiles/tree/Centos7_mysql

NOTE: this requires two docker containers (named 'unifiedpush' and
'keycloak') being around. Here is a docker-compose.yml file allowing to run
the entire shindig:
https://gist.github.com/matzew/f99995e7c1d38ff7004c

Any thoughts?