[aerogear-dev] Sndroid Background push notifications not working

Sebastien Blanc scm.blanc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:24:42 EDT 2015

On Tue, Jun 2, 2015 at 8:34 PM, delalis <delalis at gmail.com> wrote:

> That worked thanks Erik.  But now I have to re-code my client to register
> using the aerogear way of doing things instead of the generic way I did it
> before...
>
> The classic pushplugin doesnt require you to provide a push-config when
> calling the register() function...we were able to specify that later in the
> success method.  That way we could first register the device in the GCM
> cloud, and then get a token, and provide that token to aerogear using the
> java sender API.

? You mean the registration API ? The Java Sender can't do anything with
the token (unless you manually affect it to the "alias"

> But this aerogear pushplugin looks like it requires the
> variant information upfront when calling register()...which we can provide
> but I need to know the URL to expose from the aerogear server and specify
> it
> in the push-config....

Well you know the URL, don't you ? How did you do it when using the
phonegap push plugin ?

> this link
>
> https://aerogear.org/docs/guides/aerogear-cordova/AerogearCordovaPush/#_documentation
> says to use "pushServerURL": "<pushServerURL e.g http(s)//host:port/context
> >", in the push-config.json file...so what would this link actually be?
> http(s)//host:port/context would be  http(s)//host:port/ag-push?  or would
> it actually be the word "context"

not "context" :) , more like  http(s)//host:port/ag-push , basically the
context where your push server is running.
BTW, you can use the push-onfig.json file but you can also directly inline
the configuration in your javascript.