[aerogear-dev] Sndroid Background push notifications not working

delalis delalis at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 15:51:33 EDT 2015

Thanks for writing back so quickly!

1) Can't your "Leatons" REST Service  proxy the register request to the push
server ?

---Yes that is what we were doing before, the classic push plugin called
register() which simply registered the token with APNS/GCM, and in the
onSuccess function we would then send an AJAX call to Leatons REST service
which would then put the device token we got back from the register() call
into the Aerogear database using whatever methods Aerogears API exposed
(sorry, I think that is what I meant by the Sender API)... so if you suggest
using the REST service as a proxy to the push server and bypass the
register() function altogether, how would we hook up the client
onNotification() handler?

2) Or maybe just let Leaton accept the register request made by the aerogear
plugin and store the json payload, later a service can submit that to the
UnifiedPush Server.
---Again, how would we hook up the phonegap client onNotification() handler
if we arent calling register from the clients javascript code??