[aerogear-dev] Staging of UPS 1.1.0-beta.2

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Thu Jun 11 05:24:41 EDT 2015

Hi Stefan,

thanks for the tests!

I have created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1449

> 2. For some reason there is a lot of space in the bottom and I can
> scroll away all the content - minor issue.

Not sure I understand; bottom of where (and what browser)?
Mind filing a JIRA for this ?

> Bugs:
>
> 1. After adding variant for simple push in the wizard, all links on
> that variant page are dead - they do not do anything.

Hrm, worked for me (Chrome, incognito window). What browser did you use ?

I have created https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1448

> I tried helloworld quickstart on Android tablet, pushes arrived
> without problems, I reinstalled my notebook few days ago so you can
> imagine that the bootstraping of all development tools and compilation
> of all libs was not so straighforward however I have to say that it
> was overall smooth experience and I did it at the first shot.

thanks, glad to hear. And yes, the tricky part is the 3rd party setup :-)

> Admin UI is very nice and responsive as well and I like it as Tadeas
> does. Whoever made the decision to migrate to new visual look&feel did
> a good job. I excersised UI quite a lot and I do not encounter any
> usability nor performance issue.

Andres drove the initiative w/ help from Lukas and?

> I am overall satisfied with this release and I do not raise any
> significant objections which would prevent the release of 1.1.0-beta.2
> of UPS.

awesome, will click the button

> I would like to see the release of UPS Java client 1.0.0.Beta2 as
> well. Right now there is not any beta2-aligned sender to UPS
> 1.1.0-beta.2. Beta1 sender is using unifiedpush-push-model of version
> 1.0.0-alpha2 so I expect that Java client will use parent 0.2.15 and
> all bits will be aligned properly.

fair point! This needs (and will be) to be fixed in Final.

Thanks again for the detailed report!

-Matthias