[aerogear-dev] What's new in AeroGear (June, 15th)

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Jun 15 11:44:09 EDT 2015

Hello there!

Here are this weeks highlights:

Android

We are about to release a new push version. Feel free to test it and let us
know if you find some bug.
http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-AeroGear-Android-Push-2-2-0-td11781.html
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/f28110d34f3fba35732d#ios-lovers>iOS lovers

Last week was WWDC events, as each year comes with its surprise and
breaking news, this year we've got: Swifty going Open Source. In AeroGear
we believe, this is super power! See oublog about it:
http://corinnekrych.blogspot.fr/2015/06/swift-new-super-power.html This
we'll explore in more details what's new in Swift2, expect a swift2 branch
to come :)
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/f28110d34f3fba35732d#push>Push

For the Unified Push our 1.1.0-beta.2 got released
<https://twitter.com/AeroGears/status/608957509764820992> and a nice guide
on how to use the Unified Push Server from FeedHenry has been published
<http://docs.feedhenry.com/v3/guides/app_development_push.html>!

On our Web Push effort we got good feedback from the Mozilla team on our
Web Push Console, and a nice PR from them got merged, to a branch
<https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-webpush-server/pull/11>. Idel, our
GSoC student, is now getting up to spead and will look into the new draft
from the wg!
<https://gist.github.com/matzew/f28110d34f3fba35732d#misc-javascript>Misc
Javascript

   - Ember 1.13 and 2.0-beta release -
   http://emberjs.com/blog/2015/06/12/ember-1-13-0-released.html
   - Interesed in using ES6(the next generation of Javascript),
   https://babeljs.io/