[aerogear-dev] This week in AeroGear

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Jun 29 13:42:35 EDT 2015

Hello folks!

here is another issue of our weekly updates!

*Android
In Android land we have a new release of the Push 2.2.0 library:
http://aerogear-dev.1069024.n5.nabble.com/aerogear-dev-AeroGear-Android-Push-2-2-0-tp11781p11813.html
Very soon the team will be looking into GCM 3.0 support !

*iOS
The Swift2 train started for our own AeroGear iOS library. The
aerogear-ios-http has already been migrated to it:
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-ios-http/tree/swift-2.0
AeroGear iOS 2.4 is moving its release date to September. Its main focus
will be Swift2 and iOS9 support. Just in time for the big
Swift-OpenSource-release ;-)

Apache Cordova
Another push related release has been created, this time for our Cordova
library, moving up its version to 2.0.0:
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGCORDOVA/fixforversion/12325960/

AeroGear Push
For our WebPush project we have Idel working on it, for his GSoC project. A
few days ago he sent out a nice little summary
http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/aerogear-dev/2015-June/011745.html

And later this week we plan to do code-freeze for the 1.1.0.Final version
of our UnifiedPush Server.

The team hopes you are enjoying the news!

Have a nice week, all!
-Matthias