[aerogear-dev] [Android] - Refactoring OAuth2 configuration

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Mon Mar 9 12:18:39 EDT 2015

On Mon, Mar 9, 2015 at 4:11 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com> wrote:

>  On 03/09/2015 11:06 AM, Erik Jan de Wit wrote:
>

> Thoughts? Let me know if the idea is useless.
>
> The thought of supporting vendor specific configuration details makes me
> cringe.
>

>  It convenient and not likely to change
>
> Because Facebook and Google are well known for not making arbitrary
> changes to public apis and configurations.
>
> More importantly as an Open Source project hitching our code to the
> configuration of a third party proprietary system is terrifyingly bad
> karma.

I disagree. We offer free OS code for these services, and users are likely
using them, therefore it's nice to have these explicit config

> Push is an exception ONLY because there isn't an equvalent open solution
> which has the same reach to devices.

I don't think that push is an exception due the lack of an OSS service,
which the same range. Even in the case there was something like that, we'd
still have same config for GCM/APNs, for a good reason