[aerogear-dev] [Android] - Refactoring OAuth2 configuration

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Wed Mar 11 02:30:23 EDT 2015

On Tue, Mar 10, 2015 at 11:57 PM, Bruno Oliveira <bruno at abstractj.org>
wrote:

> Ahoy, let me give a more concrete example.
>
> This is what I've been working since last week
> http://cobblepot-abstractj.rhcloud.com/docs/guides/security/oauth2-guide/.

The guide is awesome, and I really like it

> The credits to the team who worked hard into this documentation will be
> added on the last section.

IMO, if we add ack to one guide, let's do on other guides as well.
I think the motivation is here to reflect the amount of work, right?

And yes, writing guides is a lot of work. I wrote the UPS guids, and took
all the screenshots there (twice), and generated PDFs for product etc.
I know it's a lot of work, but IMO let's treat all guides the same: each
gets ack, or none.

> So for 3rd parties, we already had something build by the team. What I
> did was just format and migrate to:
>
> http://cobblepot-abstractj.rhcloud.com/docs/guides/security/oauth2-guide/#_before_you_get_started

yeah, it's really cool

> What I have in mind per platform can be seen here:
>
> -
> http://cobblepot-abstractj.rhcloud.com/docs/guides/security/oauth2-guide/#_android_3
> -
> http://cobblepot-abstractj.rhcloud.com/docs/guides/security/oauth2-guide/#_ios_3

It's good, especially w/ the different 3rd party service specific code

> Not sure if that answers your question, but if something is missing.
> Feel free to add to AGSEC-200 with a full description. Also keep in mind
> that I'm working on those sections.

No, I was more asking Summers, since he does not want something like
let keycloakConfig = KeycloakConfig(...)

in Android - I was wondering if he prefers to just have doc, instead of
convenience impl, like it exists for iOS/Windows