[aerogear-dev] DB

Stefan Miklosovic smikloso at redhat.com
Thu Mar 26 05:36:31 EDT 2015

Hi Ivan,

you are welcome to test your scenario with our UPS extension. All you
have to do is to generate some fake data at UPS side. For this
performance purposes, we are using very smart tool called
"unifiedpush-test-extension" (1) which adds custom endpoints to UPS in
order to be able to generate such massive amount of data directly at
UPS side.

In a nutshell, all you have to do is to follow that README, it is super simple.

For data generation, you need to use "./upte" binary in target which
gets built when you do mvn install here (2). That CLI command has the
ability to generate massive amount of installations and variants /
applications. For example, "registering" 1M of installations is done
like this:

./upte generate-data --app-name foo \
    --applications 1 \
    --installations 1000000 \
    --variants 1 \
    --variant-type ANDROID \
    --cleanup-database

I would personally try this at my local machine and not against
OpenShift. More to it, message generation could be done by yourself
very easilly as well by our Java Sender (3)

(1) https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-testing-tools/tree/master/unifiedpush-test-extension
(2) https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-testing-tools/tree/master/unifiedpush-test-extension/unifiedpush-test-extension-client
(3) https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-java-client