[aerogear-dev] Dealing with UPS Keycloak data post-datasource-split

Douglas Campos qmx at qmx.me
Wed May 6 14:27:52 EDT 2015

Howdy y'all!

I'm revisiting migration strategies for UPS master, and we have a tough
situation to deal with.

Since we have moved keycloak to its own DataSource, there are KC leftovers
at UPS database which need to be cleaned up.

1) Any suggestions on how to provide a migration path?
  Since the tables are intertwined with UPS tables, it's not a matter of
doing a db dump/restore...
2) How to ensure we can safely get rid of the leftover tables on UPS
DataSource?
  I can easily provide migrations which just nuke the tables from the face
of the earth, but how to do this without data loss?

Thoughts?