[aerogear-dev] UPS Migrations for Master, Sequences and Friends

Lukáš Fryč lukas.fryc at gmail.com
Mon May 18 00:15:36 EDT 2015

Heya qmx!

we was in the middle of switching from pure orm.xml to hbm.xml (in order to
allow column indexing in JPA 2.0),

when we found out the 'sequence' generator does not really work with MySQL
(the MySQL adapter complains about not supporting that configuration).

https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/commit/2a8fc6b70be82307da06a01050070a4eff201085

So Gunnar recommended 'enhanced-sequence' which should basically be a
sequence that use fallback strategy and it should be compliant with how
Hibernate operates for JPA 2.0 sequence configuration.

I would be perfectly happy with any solution that would allow us to use the
same strategy as before, but the problem is we didn't find one.

Do someone has any suggestions?

~ Lukas