[aerogear-dev] Sndroid Background push notifications not working

delalis delalis at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:02:08 EDT 2015

Hello, Aerogear is sending android push notifications properly when the app
is open (foreground) on an android device and the onNotificationGCM()
function is being called successfully when the app is open.  But it is not
even putting a notification in the system notification tray when the app is
in the background or not running at all...

We are using phonegap and pushplugin on the client side and a lot of people
on google are saying that if the server is not constructing the message
payload structure properly, then Android devices will not create a
notification in the android notification tray.

Any suggestions???

here is the link I found during my research suggesting maybe Aerogear isnt
structuring message payloads properly for background notifications tray
alerts...(scroll to bottom)

http://community.phonegap.com/nitobi/topics/_pushplugin_background_notifications_dont_seem_to_work