[aerogear-dev] GCM3: InstanceID tokens versus 'old' tokens

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Apr 20 08:42:24 EDT 2016

One of the things to consider is that applications re-register each time
they load.  So an app can move from being registered with a GCM.register
token to being registered with a InstanceID token.

I think that instanceID tokens have ":"'s and GCM.register tokens do not.

We should probably make a contrived scenario where an app registered and
then changes to InstanceID to see what happens.  It SHOULDN'T get double
messages because the app update relaunch step should break the old gcm
token.  But we need to test it.