[aerogear-dev] Google Service Gradle Plugin

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Mon Apr 25 16:24:04 EDT 2016

I am currently working on setting up support for consuming the
google-services.json file for our AeroGear Android Push.  I can parse the
file to extract the push values from it at runtime if the file is in the
assets folder; however, the Google services plugin expects this to be in
the project flavor root and thus outside of the classpath.

What do you guys think?  Ideally we wouldn't be dependent on Google's
plugin and would put this file in assets.  However if you use Google's
services above and beyond push then we will either a) need to duplicate the
file or b) intelligently detect if the plugin was used to build the project
and consume the file as appropriate.

Thoughts?

Summers