[aerogear-dev] Android oauth2 logout from Facebook/Google

Summers Pittman supittma at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 08:27:15 EST 2016

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 4:12 AM, bianghouse <bianghouse at yahoo.it> wrote:

> Hi, I'd like to know if there's a way to perform a logout or revoke access
> from socialproviders.
> I'm currently using Android Authorization (OAuth2) to connect my app to
> social-platforms.
> Taking a look at AuthzModule interface it declares the following methods
>
>  public boolean isAuthorized();
> public boolean hasCredentials();
>  public void requestAccess(Activity activity, Callback<String> callback);
>  public boolean refreshAccess();
> public void deleteAccount();
>
> I tried with deleteAcccount() method with no luck, when I try to login with
> a new login user  no OAuthWebViewDialog appears and my app redirects to
> succeeded login with the old credentials.

The answer is "its complicated".  `deleteAccount` removes the account
information from what Aerogear knows about, but your WebView or web browser
(if you use an intent) may still know about your authorizations.  When we
request from the WebView/Browser a token it will use its cached credentials
to log in and fetch the token.

You can confirm that you are logged out by trying to make a call using your
pipe.  You should get a failure.

It looks like we could, as part of delete account with the webview
AuthzModule clear the cookies.

I've created a issue to track this here :
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGDROID-521

Also you can clear the cookies manually if you are using a webview :
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/28998241/how-to-clear-cookies-and-cache-of-webview-on-android-when-not-in-webview