[aerogear-dev] Heads up: UPS/JMS queueing configuration in standalone.xml

Lukas Fryc lfryc at redhat.com
Thu Jan 7 13:29:51 EST 2016

Thinking about it a bit more, I'm implementing CLI configuration for
https://issues.jboss.org/browse/AGPUSH-1512 ,

but I just figured we shouldn't introduce such a "breaking change" in a
minor release.

People would have to do one more set up step in 1.1.1 in comparison to
1.2.0. :-(

This makes AGPUSH-1512 a 1.2.0 issue.

Agree?

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 4:16 PM, Matthias Wessendorf <matzew at apache.org>
wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 3:17 PM, Lukas Fryc <lfryc at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Context: JMS queues that UPS use are deployed by the WAR deployment
>> (ag-push.war).
>>
>> In order to optimize(*) how the messages are handled internally we
>> planned to tweak various queue properties [1] (on the level of
>> "address-settings", hornetq-configuration.xml).
>>
>> (*) if I say optimize, I mean it will work without this configuration,
>> but it is not ideal for production
>>
>> The bad news is that address-settings can't be changed on the level of
>> deployment (via #hornetq, or see Clebert's answer in [2]). We will have to
>> configure it in standalone.xml.
>>

>> We've brainstormed with Sebi, seems there are two ways out (both should
>> be implemented at some point IMO):
>>
>> 1) jboss-cli script that will set up WF appropriately (similar as we do
>> with datasource install [3])
>>

> Odd, but... well :-) not the end of the day.
>

>> 2) WildFly Swarm seems to get a feature to bundle standalone.xml soon [4]
>>

> For UPS 2.0, we anyways will be taking a closer look at WF Swarm, so happy
> to see an API for this backed into it
>

>> I just wanted to share this and allow feedback and open the discussion
>> for alternative ideas. I will proceed and offer (1) as of now.
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> ~ Lukas
>>
>> [1]
>> https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/13IsJWPSJNYXtst-UVxQYmzH36C_EXQMYYr_jcu7nFmE/edit?usp=sharing
>> [2]
>> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16816755/hornetq-jms-configure-max-delivery-attempts-in-java-code
>> [3] https://aerogear.org/docs/unifiedpush/ups_userguide/index/#gendbds
>> [4] https://issues.jboss.org/browse/SWARM-14

Lukáš Fryč
Software Engineer
Red Hat Mobile | AeroGear.org, FeedHenry.org