[aerogear-dev] Heads up: WildFly 10 configuration incompatibilities

Lukas Fryc lfryc at redhat.com
Fri Jan 29 05:31:38 EST 2016

Hi guys,

in order to support WildFly 10+, that replaced HornetQ with ActiveMQ
Artemis,

we will have to change:

   - WEB-INF/hornetq-jms.xml (primarily schema change, file rename would be
   nice too, though it is not needed: *-jms.xml)
   - jms-setup-wildfly.cli (again, subsystem addresses reflect
   hornetq->activemq project rename, but stays compatible otherwise)

But that also means either:

   - we will have to package WAR specific to WildFly 10+,
   - or rather we should refrain from using *-jms.xml (bundled in WAR) and
   use the pre-configured message queues instead (i.e. add bunch of
   "jms-queue" add commands to jms-setup-wildfly.cli file)
      - since we will make user to use that CLI batch file anyway (starting
      with 1.2), I don't see a reason why not to include queues in CLI config
      instead of WAR

WDYT?

Cheers!

~ Lukas