[aerogear-dev] Android Push: Firebase Cloud Messaging

Erik Jan de Wit edewit at redhat.com
Thu Jun 9 10:55:45 EDT 2016

So that means my original idea for the file to get copied by the plugin as
a static resource is out of the question. The other way to do this is by
using a plugin hook [1], before the plugin gets installed we can fetch the
google-services.json file from the www folder and put it in the android
platform folder and if it's not there say that they need to create /
generate it before they can use the plugin.

WDYT?

[1]
https://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/appdev/hooks/#plugin-hooks-pluginxml

On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:04 PM, Summers Pittman <supittma at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 9, 2016 at 2:19 AM, Erik Jan de Wit <edewit at redhat.com> wrote:
>

>>> I am now actually wondering, where to put the google-service.json file
>>> on Cordova (no I am not updating our plugin), but I have no clue what is
>>> matching the native 'app' folder in Crodova land, is it WWW foldeR?
>>>

>>> https://github.com/jboss-mobile/unified-push-helloworld/tree/master/cordova
>>>
>>> hrm...
>>>

>> There is no native folder on a cordova project, but we can put something
>> in the plugin.xml that will install / copy it into the native project:
>>
>> <resource-file src="src/android/google-services.json" target="google-services.json" />
>>

>> https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-cordova-push/blob/master/plugin.xml#L64
>>
>> Don't know what the content is of this file seems the
>> https://github.com/jboss-mobile/unified-push-helloworld/pull/31 demo
>> doesn't have this google-services.json
>>

> Correct.  The documentation is being updated to cover the fact the
> developer needs to add the file.  If the file is not present the developer
> gets a useful error message in his/her log when registration fails.  If the
> file is present but incorrect (as say a stubbed file) then then developer
> gets a less useful message.  We chose to leave it out because it is more
> clear what the problem is, and a quick google search for
> "google-services.json" takes the user exactly where they need to go.
>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>>        Erik Jan

Cheers,