[aerogear-dev] quick question - Safari Push notifications

Luke Holmquist lholmqui at redhat.com
Wed Mar 2 09:14:31 EST 2016

On Tue, Mar 1, 2016 at 4:27 PM, Darren Coles <darrenc at wots.mobi> wrote:

> Hi
>
> As I’ve seen your the one doing all the Safari Push notifications, I just
> wanted to ask if that’s in the latest release? 1.1.0 UPS
>

> I have everything setup, followed your blog to the letter and a few others.
>
> On the webpage via safari I get the popup for notifications and it
> registers it on the Aerogear UPS when I accept.
>
> In the UPS admin I can see the safari token.
>
> However when I send a message it always says successful, but nothing ever
> appears on the my system for notifications.
>
> I’m using the .P12 web.com.rhcloud.push-wots certificate with password,
> which is a web push certificate fro Apple.
> The backend shows successful even when I just send to the safari variant.

in the UPS, are you selecting the "production" option when uploading the
Cert?

> (Will Safari work with normal IOS push certificate, trying that today as
> going around in circles at the moment.
>
> Can Aerogear actually handle Safari notifications and do you have a bit
> more of a HOWTO.
>
> The work on this platform is fantastic, and everything else works like a
> dream with all the mobile devices and chrome browsers.
> This is just the last thing that is driving me mad. And I can’t find any
> logs to tell me that anything is going wrong.
>
> If you could take a couple of minutes to point me in the right direction I
> would be so grateful.

I'm glad you like the platform.  i haven't done any Safari work in probably
a year now,  so things might have changed a little bit from when i wrote
that blog post, but if i get the chance, i'll try to go through it again.