[aerogear-dev] C-B4 changes to Aerogear

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Tue Mar 15 03:39:25 EDT 2016

Hi Yaniv!

thanks for reaching out!

On Tue, Mar 15, 2016 at 8:22 AM, yaniv-cb4 <yanivn at c-b4.com> wrote:

> Hi all, During the last 4-5 months C-B4 had made some  changes
> <https://github.com/C-B4/unifiedpush-server/>   to AeroGear server.
> I would like do discuss those changes with you guys in order to decide
> which
> are relevant for aerogear upstream.
>
> Technical issues,
> 1) Maven changes to support Wildfly 8.2.1.
> 2) Maven eclipse integration, include js resources into output war.
> 3) unifiedpush-service - use arquillian/wildfly instead of openejb.
> 4) unifiedpush-jaxrs - additional tests using arquillian.

as indicated on our GH commit thread ([1]) over the last days, I am happy
to get all of these into our master branch :)

> Feature changes:
> 1) Documents API - Store & Forward documents. Designed to support large
> payload, store json doc and send silent push.

Sounds nice! This means a new/different sender API was added for sending
large payload (too large for iOS (e.g. bigger than 2k))?
The payload is stored on the UPS DB and can be fetched by the devices (e.g.
after a silent push) via HTTP basic? Or are these "fetch" routes Keycloak
protected?

> 2) Register installation in disabled mode. First step to versification
> process.
> 3) Enable device based on verification process (SMS/Email). Plugable
> architecture. default impl uses Clickatell API but can be configures to any
> other vendor impl.

Ah, this is nice feature as well. By default (or per setting), all devices
are initially disabled for push, right? Via successful SMS/EMail
verification the push will be enabled for the device?

I do like this and can see interest in this at our community. Glad to see
the architecture is plugable, because I am not too thrilled about
hard-coded dependencies against some proprietary SMS API. How can the
actual SMS (or Email) implementation be enabled/configured?

> 4) Extended Multitenancy - Link aliases to application. First step to
> section 5
> 5) Move installation to new variant/application based on alias relation.

Can you explain a bit more on this e.g. what's the use-case here ?

Thanks again for reaching out!

Cheers,
Matthias

[1]