[aerogear-dev] Firebase Cloud Messaging token

Matthias Wessendorf matzew at apache.org
Fri Nov 11 03:12:31 EST 2016

Hi,

summers pointed out that the "Server Key(s)" in FCM are being deprecated,
and replaced by a "Firebase Cloud Messaging token".

In the Firebase API Console, I read the following for the Cloud Messaging
Settings:

"Firebase Cloud Messaging tokens have replaced server keys for sending
messages. While you may continue to use them, support is being deprecated
for server keys."

OK, that's an easy change for us: It works the same. We need to change the
UI to reflect the new name - that's all.

I just tested a successful FCM push (WebPush to Chrome), using UPS 1.1.x,
with the generated token instead of the server-key. All continues to be
fine.

BTW. In the Firebase Console, I did not see this yesterday morning (German
time), they must have added it later the day :-)

Greetings,
Matthias