[aerogear-dev] Question about metricsEndpoint

Jose Miguel Gallas Olmedo jgallaso at redhat.com
Thu Apr 20 07:31:42 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I am trying to solve some bugish behaviour that makes the status label to
be "Pending..." permanently, even when the notifications have been sent.

The label is "Pending..." when "*servedVariants*" is less than "
*totalVariants*" ->
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/1.1.x-dev/admin-ui/app/components/app-detail/include/activity.html#L46

Well, in the *metricsEndpoint.js*, it iterates over all variants and flag
an error or increase the "*servedVariants*" property ->
https://github.com/aerogear/aerogear-unifiedpush-server/blob/1.1.x-dev/admin-ui/app/scripts/endpoints/metricsEndpoint.js#L28-L30

​I don't fully understand what's happening in this iteration and why
there's no "else" clause. The problem is caused by this I think. During
some iteration the counter is not being increased hence the *servedVariants*
never equals *totalVariants* and hence (again) the label does not change.​

So the current flow would be:
1. If *deliveryStatus* is falsy, flag an error.
2. If servedBatches = totalBatches then increase servedVariants

Can both conditions pass? I think they can although this is not expected.
Can deliveryStatus be always truthy but the servedBatches != totalBatches?
I think that what's happening and as a result, it is hiding some error that
the user may want to see.

I also think that, in case of deliveryStatus, the iteration should stop.

WDYT?

​Cheers,​

--

JOSE MIGUEL GALLAS OLMEDO